The Gagnon Cardiovascular Institute at Morristown Medical facility features 106 private patient rooms, while family waiting rooms, located on each floor, are equipped with vending machines, TVs and restrooms, and wireless computer access is available throughout as well as a Starbucks-branded venue called Apple A Day Café.
Patient liaisons are available on each floor at Gagnon Cardiovascular Institute. These valuable staff members serve as the liaisons between patients, families and the hospital. They expedite the needs of patients, and orient patients and the families to our Emmi® system of patient education.
During your stay, you may visit the following services:
- The Cardiac Access Unit at Morristown Medical prepares patients for surgery and procedures. It is located at Gagnon Floor D.
- The telemetry unit is an area where staff can closely monitor patients, especially for changes in blood pressure and heart rate and rhythm. At Morristown Medical, the telemetry units are on Gagnon Floors A, 1 and 3, and in the Leonard B. Kahn Pavilion, Floor 3. At Overlook, the telemetry unit is on the fourth floor.
- The open-heart recovery unit, also referred to as the cardiac post-anesthesia care unit (CPACU), monitors and stabilizes patients after cardiovascular surgery. This unit is located at Morristown Medical on Gagnon Floor D.
- The pacemaker clinic is an outpatient area where you can get cardiac implantable devices checked and monitored. The clinic is located at Morristown Medical on Gagnon Floor C.
- The coronary care unit (CCU) specializes in the care of patients with heart attacks, unstable angina, cardiac dysrhythmia and various other cardiac conditions that require continuous monitoring and treatment. At Morristown Medical, this unit is located on Gagnon Floor A. At Overlook, this unit is located on the fourth floor.
- The cardiovascular intensive care unit (CVICU) specializes in the care of patients with complex cardiac surgery conditions and various other cardiac conditions that require a high level of continuous monitoring and treatment. This unit is located at Morristown Medical on Gagnon Floor 1.
- The Heart Success Program, which treats those with heart failure, is located at Morristown Medical on Gagnon Floor C.
- Cardiac Integrative Medicine, which offers healthy lifestyle services, is located at Morristown Medical on Gagnon Floor C.
- Our cardiac rehabilitation services are offered at the Cardiac Health Center of Morristown Medical at 95 Madison Avenue, and the Cardiac Rehabilitation Program of Overlook Medical is located on the first floor.